We are looking for a talented and experienced cold roll forming setter operator that thrives in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable working within the team and working on your own to achieve targets.
3 shift patterns (fixed)
AM SHIFT - 6am to 2pm Monday to Thursday, 6am to 1pm Friday (30 mins unpaid lunch)
*Have to work one week of afternoons every 12 weeks*
PM SHIFT - 2pm to 10pm Monday to Thursday, 1pm to 8pm Friday (30 mins unpaid lunch)
NIGHT SHIFT - 8pm to 6am Monday to Thursday (30 mins unpaid lunch)
33 days holiday including bank holidays
- To keep the mills operating, sets are done in allocated times.
- Ensure safety is maintained
- Ensure the processes are carried out effectively to reduce costs but to the required standard lay out by the customer
- When rolling ensure that the standards are maintained and quality checks are carried out hourly
- Setting is to be done in accordance of the setting sheet and all jobs are to be set in a suitable time
- Mills required to be set ready to roll each job this will need to be carried out to ensure the best practice is adopted to achieve maximum speeds
- The mill is the setters responsibility and the setter must check that all required safety checks are completed
- Safety procedures must be followed
- Each coil change must be carried out as quickly as possible ensuring that the correct coil is used, check the gauge every new coil
- All setters must work to ISO9001 standards
- Carry out roll of service man as required
- Continuous improvement
- Housekeeping is maintained to ensure each area is safe to work
- Take ownership of setting sheets and capturing changes
• Overhead crane licence
• Understanding and able to remove coil set from steel coil using a mechanical leveller/ straighter
• Setting and operation of a power press
• Have an understanding progression pre-pierce tool
• Be able to work on C.L.M programs in conjunction with roll-feed and gag tool units.
• Must be able to set and understand a cold roll forming mill with the ability to problem solve with in the forming process.
• Work to B. S. I. quality system.
• Be able to produce roll-form profiles/sections using a roll forming mill to a high quality and productive output.
• Work well both as an individual and in a team
• Sections required to set
• Odd leg channels
- Dutch fold channels
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- FLT licence and PUWER desirable
- Be Resourceful, proactive and enthusiastic
- Have strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Be able to prioritise individual workloads and work under pressure