Tax and Treasury Accountant
We are currently recruiting for a Tax and Treasury Accountant within our Finance function.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Processes & Improvements, the role is to assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilisation of cash in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Holland & Barrett group of companies. Providing support in cash investment strategy through effective cashflow modelling and maximising interest income stream and minimising processing costs.
• Instrumental in providing financial rigour to all cash and banking transactions
• Development and maintenance of Treasury accounting procedures
• Ensure the efficient management of the Group's bank accounts
• Maintain list of bank account signatories
• Ensure that that all funds are appropriately banked ensuring no issues with late bankings etc
• Manage the cashbook posting of journals for all cash related transactions
• Responsible for the processing of all payments ensuring that the most cost effective method for payment is made
• Responsible for completing bank reconciliations and ensuring all outstanding items are appropriately followed up
• Monitor and challenge bank and credit card charges
• Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cashflow forecasting
• Ensuring maximisation of working capital through investment strategy on surplus cash requirements
• Involvement in ad hoc projects impacting on banking requirements such as banking and merchant acquirer tender processes
• Ensure that all possible interfaces are in place, always looking for ways to streamline and make more efficient and effective.
• Financial experience within a retail company - essential, preferably exposure to international business
• Ideally studying for CIMA professional qualification.
• At least one year of experience in cash management will be an added advantage.
• A self motivated individual with effective organisational skills and a drive and enthusiasm to succeed.
• A strong team player, with the ability to manage a team effectively.
• Possess analytical reasoning skills to think problems through and generate solutions.
• Self-motivated with a drive and enthusiasm to succeed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent understanding of accounting principles and their application.
• Finance packages. Oracle experience would be an advantage.
• Microsoft Office - Excel advanced, Word Intermediate, Powerpoint, Outlook.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements, sports nutrition and natural beauty, all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go?????????