Assistant Management Accountant
Produce accurate monthly management accounts for the Support Groups and discuss with the budget holders and Management Accountant to ensure full understanding of expenditure and any unexpected variances. Produce all associated balance sheet reconciliations ensuring they are up to date and clear of risk. Recommend improvements to processes to enhance the production of the accounts. Assist in the development of forecasts and budgets for the associated groups.
Occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the business.
The post holder shall:
- Ensure commitments and deadlines are met in line with service level agreements
- Full review of all branches with explanations for key variances.
- Assist the Management Accountant in the production and review of the accounts.
- Ensure that all journals are posted accurately and on time to ensure effective reporting.
- Produce reports as necessary to issue to internal customers to enable them to review accounts and assist in maintaining the accuracy of the reported management accounts.
- Maintain key balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts to ensure any potential risks are addressed in a timely manner.
- Meet with the Management Accountant and Managers to review issued accounts and make necessary amendments to correct any oversights or omissions.
- Assist in the budget and forecasting process wherever necessary to produce draft budgets within the agreed budget assumption parameters.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to policies and procedures.
Ideal candidates should have-
Ability to adapt a style to suit the needs of the individual
Can identify ways of overcoming obstacles
Good listener demonstrating active listening skills
Good conversationalist and leaves a positive impression
Is aware of own strengths and weaknesses
Works hard at positive relationships within the team
Passionate about their job
A positive team player and motivates others
Proven track record for attendance and time keeping
Strong customer focus and a commitment to quality and service.
Acts to deliver long term sustainable customer satisfaction.
Cares about customers always striving to exceed their expectations
Appreciates the importance of attentive listening in customer relationships