Head Of Finance
I am recruiting for a large service group with multi operations across the UK who is seeking a temporary Head of Finance for a 12 month maternity cover. The role report to the Finance Director and based in Stafford with some travel required to the sites.
As Head of Finance you will be responsible for the financial management of the Group to meet corporate, operational and wider business objectives and aspirations. To assist the Executive and Corporate Management Team as required and provide professional advice in relation to financial, business management and strategic issues. To prepare reports for, and attend Board meetings and other meetings as required, to present reports within the post holders areas of responsibility.
- Staff Management: Provide effective leadership and support to the finance team consisting of Finance Controller, Business Partners and Payroll to deliver the Financial management of the Group;
- Financial reporting: Maintaining robust and timely financial reporting, reviewing monthly accounts for the Group, and preparation of Board Reports;
- Forecasting / Budgeting: To develop and implement capital and revenue budgets which meet the needs of the business and the corporate plan. To monitor and control expenditure in accordance with the budget, procedures, levels of delegated authority and financial control/audit requirements.
- Statutory accounts and taxreporting: To prepare the final statutory accounts and associated records and ensure the timely submission of all reports and schedules and that improvement and agreed actions are delivered;
- Finance System Review: Assisting in the continuous development and maintenance of the Group's financial services and reporting systems to ensure the financial health of the organisation to meet current and future business and service needs.
- Processes and Policies: To develop appropriate policies and procedures ensuring that legal requirements and good practice are observed;
- Technical Support and Group Initiatives: advising Corporate and Finance Team on accounting and financial reporting issues as well implement group initiatives.
The successful candidate will be:
- Graduate calibre qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA);
- Have a technical accounting background either from a group environment with Audit and/or accounts preparation from practice, Corporate tax and closing financial statements would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of FRS102 is highly desirable;
- Experience of managing a finance team and able to demonstrate understanding of people needs in relation to achievement of business objectives;
- Excellent IT skills a must and ideally have worked with ERP systems such as Great Plains;
- Strong business acumen, ability to report and comply business and strategic issues across group;
- Need to be keen to work autonomously and have the ability to think pro-actively in a complex environment as well as have the ability to work with financial colleagues / business partners;
- Effective communicator;
- Demonstrable commitment to internal and external customer service in all activities;
- Proactive and self-motivated with the determination to succeed.