Warehouse Supervisor - Southam. GBP19,000 - GBP20,000
As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will report directly to the Warehouse Manager. Your role is to help supervise warehouse operations. You will come from a warehouse background that is highly process led with a thorough understanding of what is required to develop efficient processes and sound working principles of health and safety management.
You will be highly organised, have good attention to detail and be able to use a variety of techniques for continuous improvement of warehouse processes and procedures. You will be cost conscious and have good negotiation skills to take advantage of opportunities for optimising costs.
This company continuously evolves to take opportunity of new trends and revenue streams and as such, you will be required to be open to new technology, adaptable and able to embrace a culture of change.
The last quarter of the year is a vital time for the company as sales peak during the Christmas sales period and you will be required to support 24 hour operations for the last 6 weeks before Christmas. Working in a warehouse team of 10 full time staff, 5-part time staff, and 100+ temporary staff, getting this right is crucial to their success. You would be required to run a shift and develop a team of temporary staff, ensuring performance targets are met.
The company supports a culture of fun and innovation, where they provide opportunities for achievement and value the contribution of every single person. They expect all staff to uphold the company's core values and make a positive difference to the working environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Be an approved FLT Instructor/Examiner.
- Ability to deliver clear and consistent training to new employees.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organised.
- Strong personable and motivational skills.
- Word, Excel and outlook skills.
- Positive outlook and a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced target led environment.
- Process led.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver annual forklift refreshers to the warehouse team for VNA and counterbalance trucks. Train new staff (perm and temporary).
- Monitor and manage daily operations.
- Provide thorough training for job activities and define specific job assignments to team.
- Develop team members to grow professionally as the business continues to grow.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all staff including other departmental staff.
- Improve productivity through efficient scheduling and continuous improvement.
- Address and discuss positive/negative feedback with staff.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of all warehouse procedures and plant equipment.
- Promote and strive to offer a safe working environment with zero tolerance for bad Health and Safety practices.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of the warehouse activities.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying and dispatching quality of goods.
- Perform other duties as required for the overall benefit of the warehouse department.
- Able to work shifts and weekends from mid-November to the weekend before Christmas.
- Health and Safety.
- Manage the Servicing and Lola's of plant equipment, (Counterbalances and VNA's).
- Building maintenance.
- To assist with other associated companies.
21 days holidays per annum, after 2 years continuous employment increasing to 22 days, after 5 years increasing to 25 days (plus bank holidays).