Senior Land Manager
The Land buying team in a Homes Division is responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing sufficient land/sites for residential development, on the most cost effective basis, and for working closely with the Divisional Planning team to support the division's strategic land objectives by achieving and maintaining a quality land bank. The Planning team manages the division's forward land interests, both options and land acquired.
The Department is also responsible for managing any land and property assets owned by the Division.
- Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within the divisional geographical area, in pursuit of opportunities for the company.
- Act as a conduit between the Land and other internal departments, together with other Divisions and Group, to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process.
- Actively contribute to the development of the mixed-use strategy of the Group and maintain close links in this regard with the Redrow Commercial team.
2. Land Appraisal
- With ultimate responsibility for site appraisals, ensure that acquisition proposals are presented, in an objective and professional manner, with required input from other departments and in line with Group/Divisional procedures for approval by Managing/Regional Director/Chief Executive, as appropriate.
- Ensure land files are maintained in accordance with Policy and Procedures.
- In liaison with the Technical Department, responsible for appointment of external professionals and consultants in relation to site appraisal and if required ultimately project management of certain opportunities.
3. Land Acquisition
- Ensure that land procurement is compliant with annual budgets and forecasts and that the Division's and Group's requirements for land acquisition are fully complied with.
- Responsible for all projects from initial site identification, appraisal and approval to the point of purchase and implementable planning consent being obtained, in line with budgets; and for liaising with all internal departments and external consultants/authorities accordingly.
- Ensure land schedules are maintained in an up to date position each month.
- Ensure land files are maintained in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Ensure the right calibre of staff are recruited, and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company's needs.
- Ensure the department operates in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health & Safety Policy in order to ensure a safe environment within the department.
- Preparation of Board Papers to update the Board and Management team on potential and existing land acquisitions, ensuring that land opportunities are brought to their attention in good time to allow proper consideration.
7. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
8. Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.