Software Product Analyst
Role: Software Product Analyst
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: GBP40000+ Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Cover, Permanent Health Insurance
The Software Product Analyst will be a member of our Product Team, reporting directly to the Chief Product & Technology Manager. The role is responsible for providing internal research support to Development Teams and leading innovation for all products.
- 2+ years' experience in a Product Analyst role
- Strong and consistent record of academic achievement or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to grasp new concepts and systems using own initiative
- High standards of both written and oral communication
- IT orientated skill set
- Highly organised and administrative capability
- Ability to prioritise based upon changing commercial pressures
- Persuasive, confident and diplomatic
- Ability to present software proposals/ concepts to project stakeholders
- Knowledge of BA methodologies and best practices
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with the business and client to understand requirements
- Knowledge of or experience within the Asset Management Industry would advantageous
The main responsibilities of a Software Product Analyst are to work closely with product stakeholders to capture requirements and translate these into concepts and functional specifications. The role involves working closely with all areas and levels of the business throughout the product lifecycle, from conceptual shaping of the requirements through to release; liaising continuously with the design, development and test teams as a key participant in regular project updates. The role also involves working with the team to create new concept documents, detailing the background and rationale behind new ideas and helping to pitch these concepts to the product teams.
The successful candidate will be required to develop strong product knowledge. They must understand and balance business needs with the practicalities of development and implementation. Product Analysts work on a wide variety of concurrent projects therefore need to be able to self-manage their work-load and time effectively whilst being responsive to changes in business priority. We offer guaranteed exposure to leading-edge technology and exposure to a mix of new product development and enhancements.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Capture requirements and translate these into relevant concepts and specifications
- Liaise with all areas of the business to collate and validate requirements
- Create and maintain specifications and mock-ups in accordance with the business priorities, working practices and timescales
- Present concepts to the business and clients for review and refinement
- Facilitate workshops for key projects
- Develop an expertise of the product offering, their internal systems and 3rd parties we work with
- Provide regular specification updates to the Project Team and various stakeholders
- Day to day communication with the business - product team members, account management, project management, development and test teams
- Track requirements through a variety of governance tools and methods
- Maintaining relationships and communication lines with account managers and external clients
- A number of projects may involve working closely with customers to capture requirements to shape bespoke development projects
- Ad hoc product research tasks as part of the wider team's remit, and in support of broadening industry knowledge and experience
Please forward your CV for immediate feedback or interview.