People Engagement Manager
Are you highly motivated, ambitious and ready for your next HR career move? We are looking for a People Engagement Manager to join the team at Farncombe Estate, a unique 400-acre Cotswold estate. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a friendly and professional team who like to achieve a lot in a short space of time???. we like a challenge!
The Farncombe Estate is situated in an idyllic hillside location and includes the award winning Dormy House Hotel, Foxhill Manor and The Fish. We can provide amazing opportunities for ambitious people who are as passionate about hospitality as us.
The successful People Engagement Manager will be someone who wants to;
- Take a lead across our 3 Hotels on the Estate; you would actively support the business by providing an effective and professional HR service covering the full generalist remit.
- Actively support our employee journey, from delivering inductions to encouraging regular feedback and coffee chats from day 1 with a real passion for on-boarding, engagement and development.
- Co-ordinate and be innovative on how we celebrate the special occasions such as long service, birthdays, Christmas, parties, etc.
- Take every opportunity to develop and ensure the team have training plans.
- Work in partnership with the Heads of Department on performance management, employee relations, leadership and development. Resolving issues and inspiring our people along the way.
- Ensure HR matters are dealt with fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements.
- Take a lead role for discipline and grievance issues within the Hotels
- Take every opportunity to use data from appraisals, feedback and exit interviews to develop the team and drive the business forward.
- Provide guidance and training to both managers and employees on the application of HR policies, procedures and practices.
- To work closely with the Group People Manager to deliver the people strategy.
- Support the teams with organisational change.
- Help design and deliver a variety of exciting and engaging training initiatives and HR workshops.
- Work closely with the HR Administrator to ensure that HR and payroll administration and data analysis is undertaken accurately, professionally and efficiently.
The successful People Engagement Manager will;
- Have previous experience at a similar level in a forward-thinking hospitality business.
- Demonstrate they are comfortable leading disciplinary and grievance meetings with our managers.
- Be of graduate calibre and at least CIPD Level 5 qualified.
- Be well organised, super-efficient and accustomed to working autonomously and flexibly.
- Be familiar with HR and payroll processes and systems.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and changing environment and take it all in their stride
- Show emotional intelligence, empathy and a mature attitude in challenging situations as well as a sense of humour when needed.
- Be ambitious and self-motivated whilst being a valued member of the team.
- Demonstrate strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Build rapport easily whilst maintaining a commercial focus.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a full UK driving license.
We are offering a competitive salary & excellent benefit package.
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you!
Please could you include your current salary and benefit package as part of your application.