Legal Secretary - Private
Title: Legal Secretary - Private
Location: Leamington Spa
Hours: Full Time
Our client is a well-established and respected Legal Firm in the local area looking to recruit a Legal Secretary within their busy Wills and Trust/Private Wealth team. The Legal Secretary is responsible for performing administrative support to the fee-earners and team. It is essential that the successful candidate has worked as a secretary within a professional or corporate environment and has strong and accurate audio typing skills. This role would suit a diligent and organised individual who is looking for longevity within their next role.
- Take phone calls and resolve as many enquiries as possible and where referral is needed, ensuring a comprehensive note or email is provided.
- Checking the Central Diary daily and informing other Fee-Earners where appropriate.
- Ensure all new matter instructions are set up on the firms' Practice Management System promptly, ideally within 24 hours but no more than 48 hours of receipt from the fee earner.
- Issue the client care letter via email or post within 24 hours of the matter being set up.
- Undertake the file closure activity ensuring balances are appropriately actioned and client confirmation is issued.
- Operate an effective system that ensures all critical activities and dates relating to matter progression are acted upon within the required timelines.
- Maintain accurate filing systems, lodging deeds and documents in a timely manner. Ensure all filing is completed and up to date on a daily basis.
- Undertake audio typing as required, ensuring that the completed documentation is provided to the fee earner within the timeframe applicable to the team.
- Prepare high quality documentation covering letters, presentations, spreadsheets and reports as required.
- Complete administrative functions such as document scanning, preparation of bundles, issuing of faxes and photocopying as required.
- Assist with projects as required by meeting agreed deadlines and achieving specific deliverables.
- Ensure that personal and team work space is kept tidy and professional at all times.
Skills & Experience:
- Confident and accurate audio typing skills
- A legal background is essential
- Experience working within Private Wealth would be preferable
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Ability to handle heavy workloads in a fast paced environment
- Computer Literate - confident user of MS (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
For the successful candidate, my client is offering an excellent and generous benefits package including a bonus and pension scheme, structured career development and performance development reviews, child care vouchers and more.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period