OnPoint Executive Ltd are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join a well known and etablished award winning Transport Company based in the Stoke on Trent area.
As a suitable candidate you will be required to oversee all company vehicle operations on a daily basis and intervene when necessary to ensure that all company vehicles are worked in an efficient manner.
You will work in accordance with the company and customer expectations, ensuring service levels are met, quality health and safety standards are adhered to and legislative and budgetary targets are achieved.
For this role it is essential that you have at least 5 years recent experience working in Road Transport in a Hire and Reward Operation opposed to only an Own Account Operation.
You will report into the Operations Manager and Managing Director.
- Responsible for the effective management of all functions, including warehouse, transport, pallet network and all 3PL services.
- Responsible for ensuring that the ongoing operation consistently exceeds the customer's requirements in terms of service, budgeted financial goals, KPIs and operational standards.
- Provide leadership, motivation and career development to the site management team
- Proactive in driving a continuous improvement culture; seeking out and driving improvement initiatives to ensure growth is managed successfully maintain challenging targets.
- Be proactive in seeking out initiatives that ensure the contract supports the customer's business plan and supply chain strategy
- Ability to operate in an environment where decisions and performance are under close scrutiny at regular formal customer reviews
- Responsible for ensuring the management team drives and embeds focus on ensuring high levels of employee engagement and developing the businesses' excellent reputation
Knowledge, Experience & Requirements:
- Must demonstrate at a senior management level within a transport operation environment and have hands on experience of managing a large team of traffic planners.
- Have the ability to challenge the traffic plan.
- Must have managed a minimum headcount of 50 staff including drivers
- Excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills
- Able to build rapport, develop relationships with customers both internally and externally
- You must be able to demonstrate a clear commercial understanding and have the ability to provide budgetary and financial controls
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives using lean processes
- Oversee the pallet network operation and ensure that this is intergrated with the general haulage operation to maximise profitability
This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a top-tier organisation who continue to rapidly expand, offering genuine scope and progression.