Umbrella rate at GBP46.00 per hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Service Manager required for Adult Social Care on a temporary basis. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
The purpose of the role is to support the strategic direction of Council and AWB delivery priorities. Day to day manage a range of operational service area(s) to meet the statutory requirements of the council. Working in line with current and developing pathways ensuring the service is fit for purpose in line with the Care Act 2014 and other relevant legislation and enables the Council to appropriately and proportionately respond to the needs of individuals and their carers engaging with our services.
Accountabilities specific for this role - Reporting directly to Head of Operations and Safeguarding.
- Direct management and supervision of the locality and team managers, and professional leads.
- Develop and implement service specifications, policy and procedures appropriate to the business.
- Develop and implement integrated systems to oversee and monitor the performance of the operational teams.
- Support with the development and delivery of operational delivery plans in line with AWB strategic direction
- Oversee the relevant care pathway for AWB service. Either short term service and support e.g. Pathway Referral Service including safeguarding concerns / Rapid Response / Reablement services (Held by Post A) or long term services e.g. Locality teams, County and Young adult team (To be held by post B) note this can be subject to change between the posts depending on priorities within operations).
- Monitoring delivery of operational services within service budgets.
- Representing ASC as a technical expert as required in developments with internal and external partners.
- To manage CQC registered services (Currently held by Service Manager A).
- Manage and support the out of hours services where required.
- Day to day deputising functions on behalf of and as directed by the Head of Operations.
- Delegated responsibilities of levels of decision making, including participation in quality assurance panel processes.
- Provide service level risk assessments and manage business improvement.
- Lead the service area(s) to deliver operating plans according to statutory requirements and the priorities established by the Adults and Wellbeing directorate focusing on the needs of the defined localities and supporting services.
- Take responsibility to manage risks and resolve issues that may have significant impact on Adult Social Care cases, providing professional supervision or line management supervision of managers and advice to the directorate and individual case workers.
- Plan, manage and monitor the use of available financial, physical and human resources, making efficiency savings as required.
- Identify customer requirements to inform service specifications and the delivery of locality-based customer focused outcomes. Ensuring practice is person centred, promotes service users rights and is compliant with legislation.
- Participate effectively and contribute to corporate programmes to help deliver change management and service improvements.
- Understand and meet all required legislation and governance to deliver the required standards.
- Manage complaints within council policy and procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience -
- Experience of managing staff, budgets and service areas successfully in pursuit of challenging performance expectations at a senior level.
- Qualified in area of professional expertise with relevant and evidenced continuous professional development.
- Confident to represent the Head of Operations and undertake delegated tasks in their absence,
- Up to date knowledge of the Care Act 2014 and other relevant legislation such as safeguarding, MCA, DoLs, mental health and learning disability policies.
- Track record of effective service delivery in a public service/social care environment and working across a wide range of service user needs.
- Ability to identify, assess and effectively manage a high degree of volatility and risk in practice.
- Experience of service and quality improvement methods and their implementation.
- Ability to identify trends and develop new concepts.
- Experience of managing networks in a partnership environment, including working knowledge of partnering/ contract management.
- Ability to analyse performance information and take appropriate action.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to deliver integrated service pathways and operate confidently within a multi-agency/multi professional environment.
- Ability to build partnership relationships and influence colleagues, senior managers and front line staff.
- Literate in information, communications and digital technologies.
- An excellent professional, technical and developmental record in a relevant technical area that is public service focused, including relevant specialist knowledge over a range of procedures underpinned by theory, acquired through qualification to Qualifications & Curriculum Framework Level 8 for specialist knowledge and level 7 for managerial knowledge or equivalent experience for both.
- Professional qualification or equivalent experience relevant to Health and social care work.