Lead Designer & Studio Manager - STAFFS
Job; Lead Designer & Studio Manager - STAFFS
This company is a full service, integrated agency. Based in Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffordshire, their team works with an array of businesses to provide strategy, creative, digital, social media and PR support.
In this role, you will inspire and organise their design team, setting an extremely high bar with your own design work to act as an example that other designers want to follow. You'll be expected to make big creative calls, so your judgement and decision-making skills will be excellent.
Their ideal candidate will demonstrate their ability to come up with innovative concepts in a commercial capacity, in relation to any marketing requirement from print, events and exhibitions to digital. You will ensure their studio's output remains up-to-date, on budget and to incredibly high standards their clients expect
- You will lead their design team, creating inspirational concepts with strong strategic insight.
- You'll need to see the bigger strategic picture, fully understand clients' worlds and authoritative to inspire complete confidence from clients.
- Scheduling work and allocating time across multiple disciplines and skillsets, you will also be responsible for keeping studio workflow up to date and distributed evenly across their team.
- Reporting to their Director, you will be required to define internal goals, assign projects, source additional staff, write and distribute detailed project schedules, oversee quality control in line with business targets and performance KPIs, coordinating delivery of projects.
- You will work to develop their agency's design capability through leadership and inventive concepts. The aim is to set campaigns apart from those of competitors, utilising new technology to its full extent and always being ahead of the curve, pushing boundaries of what their organisation can do through the use of emerging technologies such as 3D, VR and motion graphics.
- A solid understanding and experience of cross-platform digital artwork would be advantageous (responsive websites, cinemagraphs, animated logos, emails, banners, mobile/tablet apps, motion graphics, video editing and animation).
Skills and experience;
- Experience in a fast-paced, commercial environment (preferably agency)
- Creative thinker and problem solver with a background in building brands
- Ability to constructively challenge and critique campaign briefs
- Able to lead and develop conceptual thinking across all channels
- Experience of being part of a successful pitch team
- Able to combine design aesthetics with technology to create hardworking campaigns
- A high-quality portfolio including campaign-led digital design
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Including Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Dreamweaver and Illustrator)
- Art direction
- Experience of motion graphics and animation is highly desirable
- Lead their design team, providing insight, motivation, encouragement and constructive direction
- Prioritise, delegate and manage resourcing needs
- Manage direct reports, including recruitment, training and development
- Lead in ideas sessions, bringing a visually conceptual perspective
- Ensure all concepts deliver on strategic principles
- Build brand visual identities and act as brand guardian
- Art direction
- UX mapping and design
- Lead pitch teams
- Pitch and present work directly to clients
- Participate in delivering client workshops
- Form strong relationships with clients as well as internal departments
- Attend and contribute to management team meetings
- GBP's; fully D.O.E up to approx. GBP35k (neg.),
- Benefits; 25 days holiday, simply health, birthday day off, team building/reward activities, Christmas parties
- Location; Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire
- Interested? Please send CV (preferably as a Word doc as opposed to PDF),
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? -Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; Newcastle-under-Lyme Staffordshire design designer manage manager digital UX user experience strategy strategic Premiere Photoshop After Effects Dreamweaver Illustrator Art director direction mapping client clients brand branding campaign campaigns 3D VR motion graphics cross platform digital artwork responsive websites cinemagraphs animated logos emails banners mobile tablet apps video editing animation Newcastle Stoke STAFFS Midlands agency