We are looking to recruit an Administrator to work in a busy purchasing department of our client based in Birtley.
Duties will include:
- Answering most incoming calls to the department, taking messages and transferring where necessary
- Dealing with suppliers over the telephone
- Checking Purchase Order Numbers match invoices
- Contact suppliers to confirm delivery dates and prices for all PO's placed by the department
- Inform relevant Buyer of any issues
- Re-confirm delivery dates with suppliers to ensure deliveries will occur on time and in full
- Provide admin support to the Purchasing team by running exception reports & monitoring delivery performance
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good IT Skills, particularly with Microsoft Word and Excel
This role is initially a 3 month contract but with a strong possibility of it becoming permanent for the right candidate.