Work closely with the whole team, particularly the 'Executive Temp Coordinator & Recruitment Consultant' to ensure the ongoing smooth processing of timesheets and documentation for all existing and new Temporary Workers.
Processes an organisation's payroll in a timely and accurate manner. Creates and maintains employees' payroll records. Calculations wages and applicable deductions based on employee attendance and timesheet records. Enters payroll information into central system for processing. Issues employees' checks and earnings summaries. Completes payroll reports.
The KEY focuses of this role are;
- Processing Temporary Worker payroll accurately weekly
- Managing disputes, aged debt and Client raised disputes
- Checking how many hours employees have worked
- Maintain payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Answer Temporary Worker questions about wages, fees, deductions, timesheets and all Temp documentation.
- Receive and coordinate requests for leave and other absences
- Handle changes in exemptions, job status and job titles
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and comply with relevant law
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Honour confidentiality of employees' pay records
- Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or Management review
- Have an understanding of Self Employed and PAYE worker status's and the Temporary Workers tax obligations under both status including National Insurance contributions, expenses and the like.
- Manage and maintain existing Temp candidate relationships
- Check and evaluate personal details through telephone screening and keep our database up to date.
- Ensure newly registered Temp candidates submit all required registration documentation and that these are checked, validated and correct.
- Create strong, long term relationships based on trust with all Temporary Workers
- Arranging for the issue of P45s and other tax forms
Key Responsibilities are:
- Receive incoming calls and emails from Temporary Workers, assist with their payroll related queries and give general advice.
- In conjunction with the Directors, plan the best way to implement legislative changes and ensure that standard procedures are developed to support any such changes.
- Participate in any projects to develop the payroll processes and database, taking a lead on identifying improvements and playing a key role in implementing any resultant changes.
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the Temporary Worker department and payroll team to ensure that monthly reconciliations for budget control and financial performance review purposes are undertaken and preparing journals for any corrections required.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the agency
Key Competencies are:
- Excellent Mathematical Skills
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Organisation Skills
- Superior Computer and Typing Skills
- Data Entry
- Good Verbal Communication with Temporary Workers
- Capable of Working with Minimal Supervision
- Record-Keeping Skills
- Follows Instructions Well
- Competent with Spreadsheets
- Familiar with Payroll Software
- Basic Understanding of Tax Procedures
- Familiarity with Benefits and Other Wage Deductions
- Multi-Tasking Abilities
- Ability to Work on a Deadline
- Sound Decision-Making Skills
Scope & Career Opportunity:
- To assist the business in achieving its ambitious growth plan for 2017/18 by ensuring Temporary Workers' are paid accurately on a weekly basis.
Salary on offer:
- GBP16,500 to GBP17,500 depending on experience
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
How to apply: Please apply via this Advert with an up to date CV.