Social Executive - Marketing, Burton upon Trent
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior PR & Social Exec, you will be responsible for the output and ongoing development of brand level social activities, ensuring we are developing content that supports the business objectives and invites, inspires and informs our guests.
The role sits within the PR & Social team who are responsible for the proactive and reactive communications output of more than seven brands and more than 1,800 pubs.
You will identify Social opportunities for key brands by developing close relationships with key internal stakeholders such as the brand and digital teams, being up on current consumer trends and ensuring activity remains part of an integrated approach.
With the support of an external agency and coaching from your line manager, you will be expected to develop and implement successful proactive consumer campaigns that are fully integrated with digital and deliver measurable results for our brands.
The role will work alongside our Press Office function and the appointed candidate will need to have experience in identifying, managing and resolving escalating issues on social, and provide guidance and support on social to the Press Office when needed.
The ideal candidate for this role would have a strong background in social media, built through an agency or in-house role.
- Working with our retained agency to create, distribute and respond to social content for allocated brands across a number of different social channels, ensuring we are always performing against our key metrics and innovating with the way we engage and communicate with our guests
- Take a leading role in managing the external agency across allocated consumer social media campaigns. Seeing through from planning, implementation and evaluation by working in conjunction with brand teams and the agency
- Create periodic reports to demonstrate effectiveness of campaigns and YOY performance - attending relevant management meetings to provide updates
- Support the creation and implementation of a comprehensive social media training programme including presenting social media workshops, developing toolkits, providing on-going support and guidance to social champions
- Draft and distribute content on behalf of pub pages that promotes key activities, offers and promotions, and evaluate the results to prove commercial benefit
- Develop key relationships within the commercial team - food, drink, insight to ensure campaigns are maximised and a collaborative approach is optimised
- Provide support and guidance to pub social champions through the Pub Query System, responding with advice and acting on their requests
- Confident and experienced in digital communications and social media
- Passion and genuine interest in Social Media and PR
- Ability to understand, influence people and work in a team
- Strong Planning and Organisational skills
- Sound judgment and confident making decisions and advising under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and oral English language skills - able to write clearly, effectively and succinctly and able to transform technical content into understandable, concise copy
- Strong attention to detail
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Establish positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Likely to be educated to degree level.
- The ability to measure and review social media campaigns
- Problem solving and decision making
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar with the ability to create artwork for social content
Desirable experience, but not essential:
- Experience in delivering proactive PR tactics gained either in an agency or in house
- An understanding of media relations as a part of wider communication strategies and experience of executing multi-channel campaigns
- A genuine interest in news and current affairs
Location: Burton upon Trent, UKReference Code 917805