Regulatory Affairs Assistant (Trainee)- Midlands
Regulatory Affairs Assistant (Trainee) c20-24k + Bonus
A regulatory executive is urgently required to provide regulatory support across the R&D function of a leading chemicals company. You will be a key support in managing the company's Safety Data Sheets (SDS, MSDS); create new SDSs for new products / regulatory regions, to conduct hazard classifications, manage transport regulations and classifications and to become the in house SDS specialist reacting to the changing needs of the business and regulations. You will assist the Regulatory Affairs Manager where necessary on regulatory notifications and ensuring the company s business needs are met in a timely manner. In addition, as regulatory assistant you will track regulatory changes for substances and assessing the impact to our products and appropriate documentation.
If you are a graduate with a materials /chemisty background with a genuine interest in traning in this field traning can be given.
- Manage the company's SDSs; create new SDSs for new products / regulatory regions, to conduct hazard classifications, manage transport regulations and classifications and to become the in house SDS specialist reacting to the changing needs of the business and regulations.
- To assist the Regulatory Affairs Manager where necessary on regulatory notifications and ensuring the company's business needs are met in a timely manner.
- In addition, tracking regulatory changes for substances and assessing the impact to our products and appropriate documentation.
- Dealing with customer queries, both internally and externally to tight deadlines.
- Contact suppliers of raw materials and address Regulatory information requests.
- Assist Regulatory Manager to compile data for Regulatory notifications and other data requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of a new Global Regulatory software system and participate in training where necessary.
- Responsibility for tracking regulatory developments for substances and assessing impact to product documentation.
- Ensure all Regulatory documentation is kept up to date, including all raw material SDSs on appropriate databases.
- Support administrative requirements of the department, such as helping with applications for funding for R&D projects.
Graduates with experience welcome
BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Suitable candidates will ideally have a degree in an associated science subject.
- Experience of authoring Safety Data sheets, SDSs and conducting hazard classifications, preferably gained in an industrial environment.(desirable)
- Full training can be given.
- Quality conscious and methodical approach to work, with attention to detail.
- Ability to record, monitor and update data clearly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Strong team-working skills and able to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload, adapting to fit the changing needs of the business.
- Experience and understanding of CLP and REACH regulations.
- Practical exposure and experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Chemical Hazard Classification GHS/EU/Transport Material, Chemical labelling and packaging advice.
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Bonus.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference ABJ3149.