CARE ASSISTANT - Nights
We are seeking Care Assistants to work nights in a traditional, happy residential care home in Tamworth that provides residential care for the elderly. The home is well run and the permanent staff will work with you and make you welcome. The atmosphere at the home is 'homely', but professional and you will enjoy working with the team of Care staff.
The home is run with small 'households' where the residents in each household have their own lounge. This makes the home friendlier for the residents. As a Care Assistant you will work along with care workers who are in four households.
You will have a minimum of 6 months experience as a Care Assistant within a residential setting for the elderly. If the mandatory training that you undertook in your previous is over 12 months old we provide free update training!
Working with Cream Care will give you flexibility as you choose the hours and days you work each week. You just let us know each week when you are available and we will work with you. In addition to the rate of pay shown you will accrue 28 days holiday a year. This means that your pay rate earned per hour would be GBP8.69 including your accrued holiday pay! But, hey, we don't recruit care staff who only want the money. We recruit care staff that have care in their heart and deliver care with dignity and respect.
You will be treated by our team at 'base' with respect. We will take care of you - if we don't take care of you then you won't take care of the residents you will be working with!
Once you are 'on board' as one of our flexible workers you will have the opportunity to work at a number of homes in the Tamworth area in addition to this home and you will then choose to work in the homes you thrive in. You will always receive feedback at the end of your first shift in a new home.
To fit with Cream Care, and for Cream Care to fit with you, you need to consider:
- Have you a minimum of 6 months recent experience as a Care Worker in a residential setting
- DBS - great if you are registered for the Update Service! However, if you are not we ask you to pay for the DBS and we will help you to register for the Update Service so you need never apply for a DBS again!!
- Commitment - once you accept a shift you will commit to working that shift. We don't want staff who fail to attend once a shift is accepted. If we can't fill that shift with another member of staff it puts the staff at the home under pressure. The residents then don't get the care they need
- Good Timekeeping - it is professional to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the shift
- Dignity - a commitment that you will treat all residents with dignity and respect
- Wide Awake! Yes, no sleeping on the job - especially on night shifts. Sounds unbelievable, but believe us - we have had staff who have tried this. Yes, they are no longer with us!
- Focus - when at work your focus is on the team you are working with and the residents you are caring for - no mobile phone in your pocket while on shift!
- Cheerful - to wow the residents and keep us happy. We love our cheerful staff popping in to share their news with us
- Good spoken English - the residents love to chat and you will be reassuring them with little chats whilst delivering great care
- Record Keeping - you will keep all records up to date as you move from one resident to another
- Work either full time for Cream or pick up additional shifts around your permanent job - whatever hours you are looking for Cream will work with you.
THE GOOD STUFF
Cream Care will offer you:
LOCAL INTERVIEW IN TAMWORTH CENTRE
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked
- Contract - you will be a 'temp'. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years, some have taken (and been paid for) maternity leave, others have found other jobs - then returned to Cream Care
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Mandatory Training - free on line training, including Medication training plus free annual training updates
- Free Uniform
- Support - our care staff call us their 'mentors'
- Induction - at the start of your first shift at a new home - yes, including fire procedures!
HOURS OF WORK
The night shift hours are 22.00 - 08.00
Working as a Care Worker with Cream is all about YOU. You are the one that makes the Cream Team great!
Interested? Apply Now! We look forward to hearing from you