Housing Enabling Officer
My client has an ambitious growth and regeneration strategy for the district which amongst other things will seek to provide thousands of new homes thereby revitalising key areas of Worcester and supporting growing local towns.
As the job title suggests you will help us to meet increased housing needs in Worcestershire. This includes identifying and pursuing both urban and rural development opportunities, securing land and funding and engaging partners to deliver new, quality affordable housing. In particular, you will liaise with Planning and Legal Officers as well as other colleagues to progress projects, maintain a development programme with Registered Providers of Housing and closely support the Strategic Regeneration Manager.
Ideally a housing professional, you will be ready to hit the ground running and knowledgeable regarding housing projects, the role and work of local government and planning and development processes including the relevance of housing mix and commercial viability to schemes.
- Identify, lead on and progress affordable housing development opportunities in the district, supporting the implementation of the Council's Housing Strategy and Local Plan.
- Provision of specialist advice relating to housing, affordable housing and development finance within the context of the planning process and the Council's housing strategy.
- To represent the City Council at various liaison meetings and in contact with internal and external partners such as Developers, House Builders, Landowners, Parish Councils and Registered Housing Providers, overseeing and leading on related negotiations as required.
- To lead on the assessment and co-ordination of negotiations on rural affordable housing schemes including the provision of housing enabling advice to rural partners and Parish Councils.
- To identify, appraise and enable opportunities to provide new specialist housing schemes and supported accommodation that meet local needs.
- Proactively promote, seek out and pursue related projects and supporting initiatives (Government led and other) that facilitate and assist with housing enabling work.
- To advise and instruct the Council's Legal Services Team on matters relating to affordable housing including s106 agreements and related planning obligations such as nomination agreements.
- To oversee and manage a monitoring mechanism for affordable housing projects from the pre-planning stage through the planning process to s106 planning agreements and delivery.
- To contribute to work programmes managed by the Strategic Regeneration Manager which exploit relevant funding and development opportunities to support the delivery of affordable housing and other corporate objectives.
- Obtain feedback and ideas which contribute to longer term planning of the team/service.
- To ensure that feedback from customers is sought so that services are delivered to excellent standards of customer care and continuous service improvements are made
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Strategic Regeneration Manager.
If you are interested in applying for this role or discussing any others please give me a call on and email and up to date CV