Sampling Technician, Coventry field based
Based in Coventry
37 hours per week Mon-Fri plus weekends/bank holidays on a rota
This a permanent job.
The role is based at the laboratory in Coventry and requires a significant amount of driving, using a temperature controlled refrigerated van to get to and from sampling locations. Once sampling is completed, they are required to be transported directly to the laboratory in Coventry.
The role involves:
- undertaking of environmental monitoring and sampling duties on behalf of key clients throughout the UK.
- Undertaking sampling of -
- ground waters
- surface waters
- trade effluent
- waste water
- contaminated land
- potable waters
- Carrying out on-site field-testing, using equipment
- Recording and reporting field data in line with quality procedures.
Candidates must be able to work unsupervised, have good organisational skills and attention to detail, be physically fit and to be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions. You need to be able to travel within the UK, with potential for occasional stop overs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a HNC/HND or equivalent in a science based subject
- Full Clean UK driving Licence
- Experience of working to Health and Safety and Quality Management System guidelines
- Preferably some experience in environmental monitoring
For further details please contact Tracey at Options Resourcing in Leamington Spa.