Support the catering operation to improve the customer food service experience, delivering excellent customer care and ensuring the highest level of cleanliness throughout all work areas.
- Ensure you are aware of, and comply with all client and company health & safety procedures and standards at all times. This includes but is not limited to Food Handling, COSHH, Uniform Standards, Personal Protective Equipment, Manual Handling, Fire Regulations and quality control
- Complete, maintain and update all Food Safety and Health & Safety paperwork correctly on a continual basis to ensure full compliance
- To ensure all displays, counters and seating areas comply with company and statutory health and hygiene requirements, including but not limited to Food Information Regulations and Reference Intake labelling
- Ensure pre and post service checklists and cleaning schedules have been completed before and after all food services
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times by role modelling the ESS Way values and behaviours at all times to colleagues and customers
- Manage and drive the completion of all compulsory training with all team members
- Advocate the delivery of all company and unit profit protection procedures, reporting any issues to your line manager
- To proactively up sell and demonstrate an excellent knowledge of products provided to customers and clients
- Conduct and monitor all stocktaking procedures ensuring minimal risk of waste
- To take responsibility of all monies within the mess whilst on shift ensuring all Profit Protection Procedures and relevant paperwork is adhered too at all times
- To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard
- Ensure that uniform standards are upheld to the highest standard
- Integrity - Respects colleagues & customers
- Health & Safety - Follows the right procedures and challenges unsafe behaviour
- Can Do - Is flexible and takes initiative
- Passion - Is positive & proud of doing a great job
- Responsibility - Takes ownership and doesn't leave things to others or say 'it's not my job'
- Teamwork - Shares knowledge and experience with other team members
About the company
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.