Junior Level Mechanical Design Engineer
A new permanent opportunity for a Junior Level Mechanical Design Engineer has become available for a forward thinking global market leader. This company are extremely well established within the market place, providing a wide range of thread & gear grinding machines to a variety of clients around the globe.
As a Junior Level Mechanical Design Engineer, the ideal candidate must have some working experience in 3D design in machinery industry. You will be assisting the design team to create new products including grinding machines, sub-assemblies, fixtures, loading mechanisms and tooling.
Junior Level Mechanical Design Engineer Job Responsibilities;
- Regenerate & Update old & new drawing formats on the CAD system database to standardise drawings where possible.
- Assisting design team to improve and update existing designs to achieve the use of common components, improve quality and reduce assembly times and cost.
- 3D CAD Modelling and Drafting on Autodesk Inventor 2015 creating drawings of manufactured components and castings.
- Liaison with other departments internally within our company
- Preparation of documentation for manufacture and assembly i.e. drawings, bills of materials etc???
To be a successful Junior Level Mechanical Design Engineer we would like to be talking to candidates who;
- Good knowledge of 3D CAD Design packages, preferably Autodesk Inventor 2015
- Ability to read and understand the drawings.
- Knowledge of geometric and dimensional tolerances.
- Relevant qualification i.e. HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment providing accurate and timely output to a high standard.
- Competitive salary of GBP25,000 - GBP30,000 Per Annum depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + statutory 8 bank holidays
- Great working hours of Monday - Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm, Friday 8:00am-3:30pm
- Pension and healthcare scheme