Operational Risk Manager
SALARY:GBPCompetitive plus excellent benefits.
We are recruiting for an Operational Risk Manager for an award winning Warwickshire Law firm. As the Operational Risk Manager you will be responsible for delivering operational compliance with regulatory, legislative which include SRA, FSA, Ofcom, CSA requirements as well as data protection and anti-money laundering legislation.
The main duties in this role include:
1. Ensuring that monthly compliance dashboard and reports for the debt team and firm wide are delivered, highlighting areas of risk
2. Ensuring all information required by the Financial Conduct Authority is supplied within the set timescales
3. Ensure incidents are properly investigated and records are maintained to be reported on
4. Respond to complaints that are received and deliver appropriate responses within set timescales and implement remedies to avoid repetition
5. Respond to requests for information under the Data Protection Act and requests to delete information
6. Carrying out checks on new business loads including conflict checks on new matters against the company's database
7. Manage the Quality Assurance process
8. Calibrate calls for agents eligible for a bonus and review all account challenges; as well as deliver effective remedies in areas of non-compliance
9. Review workflows within the debt recovery unit to ensure they are kept compliant with up to date regulatory standards.
10. Preparing for client audits and due diligence requests by completing pre audit documentation requested, liaising with the client and implementing remediation on recommendations
11. Updating training material to ensure it is compliant with legislation and work with the operations team to delivering training
12. Performing due diligence on new and existing suppliers and undertaking onsite and remote audits
13. Drive, challenge and deliver effective operational controls that achieve compliant operations
14. Periodic reviews of all standard processes including customer communications ensuring compliant and processes are working effectively
15. Monthly sessions with Team Leaders, Managers and agents to ensure consistency of marking and that the agents are aware of expectations
16. Pro-actively manage and implement changes such as for the introduction of the pre-action protocol.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following background/knowledge/experience:
- Debt Recovery Compliance and/or Debt Recovery Operational risk background.
- Strong FCA experience with regards to operational behaviour, reporting and embedding this into the culture
- Experience in dealing with complaints and carrying out root cause as well as delivering effective remedies
- Attention to detail and delivery of effective solution to mitigate risk are essential
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact the office.
Ref No: 2876
Location: Leamington Spa
Job Type: Permanent
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Salary: GBPCompetitive DOE
Hours: Monday-Friday 09.00-17.30
Benefits: 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service | Pension | Firm wide performance bonus scheme | One months' Firm sick pay | Healthcare cash back scheme | Annual salary review | Training and development | Free onsite car parking and onsite staff caf?? | Active social committee who organise various events throughout the year
Please note that if you do not hear back from us in 7 working days your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful. However your details will be considered for any other roles that we feel your skills and experience may be suitable for. If you are already registered with Tri please contact your consultant to discuss your suitability for this position. Tri can only consider applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the UK in line with Home Office Guidance on the prevention of illegal working. We operate a strict equal opportunities policy.