Registered Manager NEW Children's Residential Home
Hillcrest Children's Service require an experienced Registered Manager to join our new 6 bedded children's home, due to be opened late 2017. Located between Telford and Cannock, you will support children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Salary up to GBP36.966 p.a. depending on experience.
Joining us prior to opening, you will be pivotal to the launch of this home and have involvement in the initial design and layout whilst taking ownership for the registration process. As Registered Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to put your own ideas into practice, create a homely, therapeutic environment whilst also assisting with the recruitment of your own team and controlling your budget!
Once launched, you will hold full responsibility for your home ensuring it meets the standards set by the Regulatory Body, whilst also providing the highest quality of care and support to your children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH).
Following a thorough 3 week induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Safeguarding all children and young people in your care, ensuring processes and procedures are in place and applied consistently
- Leading, supervising and motivating your team to ensure the highest quality of care and support
- Working positively alongside our internal teams and external agencies to contribute, monitor and report the progress of our young people
- Ensuring that all staff effectively manage challenging behaviour, enabling our young people to develop from a position of needing external control, toward self-control
- Hold or be working toward your Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children and Young People's Services (Adults or Children's Residential Management)
- Relevant experience of working with young people/young adults with challenging behaviour
- Good working knowledge of Safeguarding and Regulatory Body regulations
If you are a dynamic, adaptable and compassionate Registered Manager, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary up to GBP36,966 p.a. career progression and an excellent benefits package to include: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, and Retail Discount Packages.
This home is within commuting distance of Shifnal, Telford, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stone, Stoke, Birmingham and Kidderminster and surrounding towns.
Hillcrest Children's services form part of Outcome First group who employ c2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of care and education services to children and adults with autism, complex needs and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Due to the breadth of our services we are able to adapt to the needs of the individual at different points in time. This enables us to provide a range of care options within a journey of support for our young people and their families. We share every step of that journey with them.
Please note a full enhanced DBS check is required for this position
"Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment"