Assistant Management Accountant
The role of Assistant Management Accountant will support the Management Accountant in the production and delivery of financial reporting including monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and statutory audit deliverables.
Will also support the budget and forecasting process for their respective area of the business including assumptions and key drivers.
The post holder shall:
- Ensure accurate and timely management accounts are produced and circulated for the relevant support division and smaller trading divisions, with explanations of key variances.
- Support in the production of management accounts for the larger trading divisions.
- Post the monthly central recharges across cost lines for the whole company ensuring the relevant accruals & pre-payments are processed in line with accounting policies
- Reconcile the associated balance sheet accounts and ensuring processes are robust and any discrepancies are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Support the budget, forecasting and 3-year planning process
- Support ad-hoc reporting and analysis in line with business needs and finance requirements
- Support the preparation and submission of statutory year end and half year audit documentation.
- Assist the Management Accountant and the wider Finance team in the effective reporting to the Board, Executive, Leadership Team and external bodies as necessary
- Be responsible for the weekly Analysis Of Turnover (AOT) reporting
In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Society policies and procedures.
Studying ACCA,CIMA or equivalent
Excellent command of written and spoken English
Excellent IT skills demonstrated competence in office and packages
Ideally, has experience of working in a Finance department/role, preferably within management accounts.