Front of House Manager (Student Experience) - GBP24-26k pa Nottingham &
My client, an established and respected training provider, seeks an enthusiastic individual to join their Student Experience team. The role will be based in Nottingham but requires travel to Leicester too.
The role sits within a dedicated customer services team who offer expert support to those continuing their studies. The primary objective of this new addition will be to ensure that all administrative tasks are completed accurately, in a timely fashion and to an extremely high standard.
You will be proactive and personable in nature with excellent communication skills, particularly face to face, and possess a genuine desire to make a difference. It goes without saying, you enjoy working within a team but can still work under your own initiative. Above all, the role requires the ability to work flexibly as the business requires.
Reports To: Head of Student Experience
Direct Reports: Student Experience Supervisor, Student Experience Officer
Key Stakeholders: Students, Clients, Student Services, Client Services, Faculty and Resource Management
- Provide all students and visitors with an outstanding experience in required training locations
- Ensure all KPIs and service levels are met in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Efficient allocation of Student Experience resource across the patch
- Drive a programme of development for employees within Student Experience
- Ensure the Student Experience team understand and are engaged with individual, function and business vision and goals
- Ensure the Student Experience team in patch are meeting KPI's and service level agreements in place
- Ensure relevant channel and qualification knowledge is kept up to date within the team, creating training and updating materials as necessary
- Ensure early and efficient production of the staff rota
- Review team performance regularly, to ensure a quality service is delivered by the Student Experience team
- Ensure all cyclical HR activities are completed including goal setting and performance and development processes
- Participate in HR activities, including the recruitment process, as required.
- Manage the expenses budget for the patch
- Drive and champion national initiatives such as Building a Brighter Future
Student & Visitor experience
- Ensure presence on Front Desk during core operating hours
- Drive and continually improve the quality of experience delivered to students and visitors
- Provide accurate and up to date information to students and clients who are considering choosing their tuition provider
- Responsible for ensuring all training location related student and client related queries have been resolved within the agreed service levels
- Act as an escalation point for queries/ complaints and emergencies raised within patch
- Maintain the integrity and security of our access control system, ensuring that all visitors can be accounted for
- Promote a strong working relationship with the building security and management teams
- Promote and ensure health and safety across the patch
- Oversee the management of CBE invigilation and the coordination of freelance invigilation as required
- Conduct regular reviews/ audits of KPI's and service level agreements
- Identify, explore and implement improvements to the student or visitor experience
- Ensure that relevant information shared with Student Services about local facilities is accurate, complete, and up to date
- Respond to student emails routed via Student Services during quiet periods meeting the agreed service levels
- Ensure that course associated documents (e.g. class lists and course assessments) generated within the required service levels
- Ensure smooth operations for computer based and paper exams within the training locations
- Review accuracy and timeliness of information entered onto the student management system
- Maintain the room allocation boards
- Support the other functions as required with administrative tasks where possible
- Ownership for the building environments within training locations in patch
- Conduct regular building 'walk-arounds'
- Responsible for ensuring all building related issues have been resolved within the agreed service levels
- Responsible for ensuring regular reporting the materials stored across the patch
- Ensure all course material is provided as scheduled, in the required room/location
- Ensure CBE room(s) are set up for use as required
- Liaise with IT to resolve any IT problems
- Liaise with local contractors such as vending and cleaning to ensure high quality services for students
- Complete building opening and closing procedures, where appropriate
- Organise and oversee catering services as required
The post holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by their line manager or senior manager. As business requirements change, the job description will evolve.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal, and particularly face to face
- Experience of managing a team (preferably 5+) within a customer focused environment, and bringing the best out in others
- Service driven and quality focused
- Ability to manage a significant workload
- Proactive, personable and a desire to make a difference
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Preferably First Aid trained
- Collaborative approach to working with other functions
- Willing be flexible and work within the business required hours
- Experience of health and safety requirements in a similar establishment is desired
- Able to work a 37.5 hour week on a rotating shift pattern of Mon-Fri 8.00-8.00, and occasional weekends
Interviews will be on Tuesday 15th August - only candidates able to attend on this date will be shortlisted in the first instance.
For immediate consideration, please apply via the Reed website. Due to high volumes of response, only shortlisted candidates meeting the right criteria can be contacted at this stage.