Management couple - GBP39-46,000pa - Company Benefits - Managers C
Management couple needed for privately owned Restaurant with rooms.
A free house offering quality dining and 10 ensuite hotel rooms, currently owned and operated by a couple that, after huge success so far, are stepping away from on the 'On the floor' running of the business to the behind the scenes running of it. All the food is fresh, locally sourced and homemade, and drinks come from a range of local and national suppliers.
The current manager/owners background is in managed houses, after successfully running a number of sites for many years they moved to the independent sector in 2009, after 5 years running a small tied leasehold pub making good profits they purchased the freehold of this restaurant in 2014 and further to a series of investments, have taken the business from strength to strength. Now turning over just shy of GBP1m net, they are looking for a live in general management couple to help them in taking the business to the next level, by taking on the day to day running, improving on building and training their team, and pushing both sales and profitability.
• Proven operators who can deliver results in growing sales and converting into profitability.
• Inspirational, motivational leaders with a track record of leading a successful, motivated team with a minimum of 30 employees.
• Real people people leading by example with the delivery of exceptional customer service.
• Head chef or kitchen manager level (at least one of the applicants) capable of running the kitchen in emergencies or assisting the head chef in improving the operation and profitability of the kitchen.
• Ideas executors bringing new ideas to build sales and profit to the business and following them through to the end.
• Experience in hotel/guest house preferable but not essential
The owners have a flexible approach to remuneration structure and are open to negotiations on a package, various bonus structures or even the possibility of buying into the business as a partner exist, which can be discussed on successful interview. However, an example of a basic package is as below:
• Salary - a competitive basic salary of GBP39,000-GBP46,000.
• Accommodation - far more than your standard managers flat - there is a semi detached 3 bedroom (inc 1 box room) managers cottage, with living and dining room, private access, private drive and private garden
• Bonus - competitive bonus structure, depending on applicant focussed on delivering profit (partnership options also exist).
• Pension - included in the workplace pension scheme.
• Freedom - working for independent owners in a large business offers a rare opportunity to really be involved in the direction of the business - working alongside the owners, you will have an input into menus, drinks ranges, service style, offer and the future direction of the business.
• Progression - opportunity to build and progress their own career within the business with a view to partnering with the business at a later date (by negotiation).
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and references to Chris quoting the job reference: 81020
Due to the high volume of applicants please make sure you have experience in a similar role as candidates not meeting the requirements will not be contacted.
Staffpoint is an equal opportunities employer and is acting as Recruitment Agency with respect to this role. By applying for this position you authorise Staffpoint to hold your personal details on file for use in finding you a suitable position.
Staffpoint will never transfer your information to a third party without your prior written consent.