IT Manager - Infrastructure and networks
Our client are currently seeking an Interim IT Manager who is still very much hands on to come in on an initial 3 month contract. You will be in charge of a small team and manage the company's technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
You will have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate a small team. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives.
The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Be hands on with the following - HP Switches, Cisco , Windows Server 2008 and Hyper V or VMware.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Managing key IT suppliers, set KPI's and measure supplies based on SLA's
- Control budget and report on expenditure with a focus on leveraging economies of scale without impacting performance
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Manage a small team of IT staff, conducting regular supervisions and appraisals, and overseeing the coordination of work.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), network protocols and infrastructure design.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Experience in working with external IT service provides.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience in having managed a diverse team
Rate: GBP400 per day
Location - Coventry - Our client are a 2o min walk from the train station but there is plety of parking on site)