Broadband Customer Service Adviser
Hours: Shift Based 37.5 hours per week Mon-Sat. Shifts are between the hours of 08:00 and 20:15.
We're looking for a Broadband Adviser to join our Broadband Team to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
This role provides our customers with a first class, friendly and professional service. Motivated by meeting and exceeding performance targets, a 'right first time' approach will help you to resolve various queries, ranging from ensuring new customers have a smooth transition from their previous provider to First Utility Broadband, to assisting them with any issues relating to their account, such as billing and connection issues. Encouraging customers to talk through the options best suited to their needs, we aim to retain their custom by sharing our knowledge.
The role day to day
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills through inbound service calls
- Handling both service queries and complaints ensuring a swift resolution providing clear explanations and solutions
- Ensuring all customer commitments have been met or followed up with smooth contact between our internal departments
- Dealing with Technical queries, fixing and ensuring ongoing technical support for customers
- Proactive technical work in order to improve the customer experience and journey
- Supporting other business areas (energy) with queries as any when required.
- Including sending 8 week deadlock letters within our Regulatory guidelines.
- Able to amend Customer tariffs and understand the compliance implications and requirements.
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written - enabling you to build strong rapport with our customers
- Ability to employ appropriate listening and questioning techniques to identify our customers' needs and handle customer queries with speed and efficiency
- Technical mind set in order to learn and apply fixes to accounts improving the customers' experience
- Demonstrated experience excelling in a customer service position, either telephone-based or face to face
- Proactive and initiative attitude towards your customers
- Confidence to manage own workload and any issues professionally and calmly Comfortable working in a target-driven and fast-changing environment, and able to respond to changing business needs
- Be a fast learner, PC-literate and able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, along with comfort with numerical calculations (required for manual bill calculations)
- Highly organised
- Confident with New technology
The 'nice to haves'
- An understanding of utility company operations (service, change of supply and home moves) would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Able to use Gmail and all additional functions professionally and efficiently.
- Previous experience in case management handling
What you'll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it's not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We're proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we've held on to as we've grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
So if you like the fast pace of an evolving business, feel it's important to reach your full potential and enjoy your time at work, then a career with us could be your next move.
Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.