Live-in Caretaker Manager
A company specialising in property development principally, but not limited to, the student accommodation market, is seeking a Live-in Caretaker Manager to provide the day to day management of the accommodation, to be the first point of contact, and create a welcoming environment for the students, visitors, contractors and staff. The Live-in Caretaker Manager will have the ability to deal with a wide range of issues in a well-disciplined manner within a student building such as tenant disputes, rent arrears and various other problems that may arise.
This is a Company with growing opportunities that will offer a rewarding work experience for the right candidates.
Applications from personnel with Military backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
- Managing rent collection and ensuring rent payments are made on time
- Manage rent arrears with the support of the Regional Manager
- Provide a high standard of customer service, communicating with the university and other agencies where necessary.
- Comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Manage and update office information systems including databases, spreadsheets, emails and paper files
- Support the Regional Manager in all areas of Sales and Marketing
- Run allocations and tenancy generation
- Run check-in and checkout procedures of tenants
- Conduct viewings and open days
- Complete weekly/monthly inspections of rooms, apartments and communal areas
- Ensure any repairs are logged/reported correctly for the Regional Manager and deal with any emergency issues that may arise - contacting correct external contractor or the Regional Manager
- Complete weekly/monthly water temperature tests in rooms, apartments and communal areas (usually completed at the same time as the weekly/monthly inspections)
- Manage the office
- Complete basic repair and decorative works
- Adapt to change and respond positively to new challenges
You will also be required to carry out duties at the request of the Regional Manager and/or the Managing Director, provide general administration support including drafting letters and emails, answering the phone and taking messages, logging and distributing tenants mail, banking and financial administration.
- Literate and numerate
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Administration experience
- Customer Services/ relations
- Basic practical skills
- Cost or budget control
- Strong personality
- Sales & marketing skills
- Student accommodation experience
- Health and safety experience
- Team management
Benefits: Accommodation, bills included (not including council tax)