Lead Theatre Practitioner
BMI Edgbaston Hospital in Edgbaston is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Lead Theatre Practitioner to join our busy theatre team.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards
- Financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent
- Track record of delivering against targets and change management
- Educated to degree level (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- Undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team (clinical and admin) and admissions team
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget
- Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department
- Deputise for colleagues as appropriate
The candidate must be driven to support development and have experience in team leadership, operational list management and excellent communication skills. An experienced clinical background is required and additional post-graduate certificates such as surgical first assistant are advantageous. We have three theatres and an endoscopy suite which is working towards JAG accreditation so a candidate with audit/ project management background would be desirable
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.