Job Title: Healthcare Paralegal
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000
Job Reference: AR / J19053
Top UK law firm would like to recruit a Healthcare Paralegal to join their expanding team in Birmingham. The team covers all aspects of healthcare and related areas of law and practice, including child law, clinical negligence, clinical governance, consent to treatment, healthcare advisory and mental health. They provide a supportive, proactive service based on a deep understanding of NHS procedures and the social/political background of public healthcare. The team includes doctors and nurses among other health professionals, all with specialist medical knowledge in key areas.
To efficiently manage a caseload of pre litigated cases in order to repudiate and /or conclude the claim as appropriate, ensuring that all claims are dealt with in accordance with internal practice management standards and external regulatory requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the handling of a caseload in line with individual caseload targets set by the Team Leader
- Ensure that the case management system is utilised at all times in order to handle claims diligently and ensure that management information is properly updated
- Comply with internal practice service standards
- Review case upon allocation and report to client/prepare internal strategy report as appropriate
- Ensure that all case correspondence is dealt with efficiently in line with prescribed internal service standards and service level agreements
- Provide an excellent customer service experience
- Work in accordance with relevant rules, policies and procedures
The person specification:
- Knowledge of CPR procedures and technical ability
- Experience of defending/handling civil liability claims, ideally knowledge of healthcare/clinical claims
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Work as part of a team and on own initiative
- IT and word processing skills, working in a desktop self-sufficient environment
- Experience in the use of a practice-based case management system
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A pro-active approach to case handling
- Excellent telephone manner
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Adrian Richards at Cavendish Maine.