Senior Designer - Hard Goods Homeware
Taking a senior role in managing the team, you will be responsible for the management and development of 10 designers across hard goods, with a peer group of 5 senior designers within home.
Our client is a hugely successful high street multi-channel retailer, with a market leading and innovative homewares department and fantastic performance results year on year. A fantastic business to work for with a beautiful head office environment, real progression and extremely competitive salaries and benefits package.
Based within their creative homewares department, accountability will include the below:
- Identifying trends in shape, material finishes new product areas and techniques.
- Drive the design and development of new hard goods opportunities.
- Input to the overall trends concept for Season Focus.
- Organise & oversee the presentation of the new trends & opportunities identified to the senior management team.
- Attend weekly trading meetings with the Hard Goods teams on all areas and report findings/progress and actions to the Design Manager.
- Proactively communicate trends and ideas identified back to colleagues, teams, senior management team
- Tactical travel with Buying Manager, key factories, exhibitions & trade fairs.
- Train and develop 10 Designers with appraisals and performance management.
- Measure own effectiveness using the 360 degree peer feedback process.
- Organise recruitment and development for the hard goods areas within the design team.
- Significant experience in industry and proven experience managing people.
- 3D Product design degree or equivalent.
- You will need to be creative, hard working, passionate, resilient, great people skills, influencer, negotiator, positive and flexible
Incredibly competitive salary dependant on experience
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension Scheme With Employer Contribution
- Annual Appraisal/Pay Review
- Staff Sales
- Car Allowance