Background and Department:
A fast growing Payroll team, based in Warwick, processing payrolls for the UK, Ireland and Netherlands.
The Payroll Function is a Shared Service, supporting a number of businesses.
Overall job purpose:
To provide high quality outputs, ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time.
Along with the Payroll Team you will work efficiently to meet defined deadlines.
• Process starters, leavers and amendments ensuring weekly and monthly deadlines are adhered to.
• Resolve queries and issues raised by employees
• Responsibility for processing and reconciling own payrolls including financial journals.
• Accurate calculation of sickness absence, SSP and SMP
• To reconcile and send pension information through to the Pension Company
• Perform tasks in compliance with HMRC
Working hours and location:
• Located in our offices in Warwick (near Leamington Spa)
• 36.5 hours per week. (Offering Flexitime working hours)
Qualifications, experience and expertise:
• Ideally have 1 to 3 years payroll experience.
• Experience in a Shared Service Payroll Team would be advantageous.
• Good understanding of systems and data maintenance.
• Strong customer service skills
• Good communication skills - able to communicate with employees
• Proficient IT skills in Microsoft Office
• Well organised, with ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to work well in a team and to work on own initiative
• Excellent keyboard/data entry skills and attention to detail and accuracy
• Co-operative and willing to assist others
• Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
Salary - £21,000 - £22,000