IT Support Internship
Our client, founded in 1877, is an SME manufacturer of equipment and machinery to the Glass Melting Industry and other specialist industries, including: Automotive, Confectionery, Printing and Packaging, Leisure and Aerospace, with projects completed for Rolls Royce and the Ministry of Defence. After a year of investing in the workforce and new machinery they are looking to expand into other markets and are offering an ideal opportunity for a 1 year Undergraduateplacement, or recent graduate, to join them at an exciting time in their history.
You will be helping with the continued implementation of our Production Control System (PCS) and provide day to day IT user support:
• Understand main requirements for the business
• Gain a good familiarity of the main functionality of the PCS
• Define the PCS data that represents the company’s main products
• Create a detailed implementation plan for the roll-out
• Train and support users to enable a successful go-live
• Run system reports to identify business bottlenecks and areas for improvements
• Work with existing IT support and application providers providing day-to-day IT support within the business
• Planning and managing all software and hardware upgrades for the year ahead
This will suit a student with exceptional communication skills, a good all-round knowledge of IT and a strong interest in business.
Role Summary - Essential Skills and Experience
- Undertaking a degree or already have achieved HND in computer science or similar IT related field.
- Candidates must come from an IT background and have a high level of field specific knowledge and skills.
- Must have excellent report writing skills and written English
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft office suite systems.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) at all levels to maintain good relationships and prepare reports for both clients and colleagues.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and use initiative to solve problems.
- Similarly must be able to work effectively within a team environment when required
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient at time management
- Fully able to create and manage own work plans
- Able to develop a high level of technical understanding and able to implement relevant solutions
Desirable skills and Experiences
- Experience and knowledge of the manufacturing sector
- Have previous experience of implementing ERP/MRP systems
- The ability to think and act quickly to user and system problems
- Must be comfortable basic network architecture and Windows servers and PC
This role would be based in house at the offices of the company in the West Midlands.
Starting in Summer/Autumn 2017 for 12 months, the role will require 37.5 hours per week.
£16,500 up to £20,000 for a recent graduate with the right experience