Head of Operations
The Albion Foundation works in partnership with West Bromwich Albion and uses the power of football to make a difference, raise aspirations, grow their people and participants and connect West Bromwich Albion Football Club to its communities.
They pride themselves on inspiring to achieve and delivering the highest quality of provision to show that "Albion Cares" in key focus areas of Sport Development, Education, Engagement & Disability.
As they grow and strive to be the best in the country they have created an exciting and challenging senior management role - Head of Operations
Responsibility for all areas of Back Office Operations to compliment all delivery departments of the Foundation, with specific responsibility for Quality Assurance, Public Relations, Media, HR & Finance Administration and Fundraising & Sponsorship
- To be responsible for creating, implementing and monitoring a robust quality assurance model that incorporates all areas of the Foundation and is working towards and achieving an external quality assurance Kite mark
- To be responsible for the strategic development of Public Relations and Media Communications across the Foundation ensuring we have a comprehensive, modern communications platform across all areas of social media and that we are constantly raising the profile and awareness of the Foundation’s good work.
- To be responsible for the line management of the Human Resources & Administration, Finance and Facility Operations of the Foundation ensuring a co-ordinated approach across all back office areas of the Foundation that then provides a high quality consistent support mechanism to all delivery departments.
- To be responsible for the Staff Support Team ensuring we have a high quality, customer friendly, efficient and supportive back office function and a high quality recruitment, induction and professional and personal development pathway for volunteers, casual and new contracted staff.
- To be responsible for continually embedding a learning culture and ethos of continuous professional development across the Foundation, supporting each department leads, overseeing cross departmental training and our "Inset Programme"
- To line manage and work closely with the Director to provide strategic and operational support for Fundraising Events and Sponsorship
- To be a key strategic link to West Bromwich Albion Football Club and all Club/Foundation joint initiatives.
- To ensure safeguarding requirements underpin all Operations
- To be an active member of The Albion Foundation’s Senior Management Team
What is required:
- An understanding of Human Resources, Administration & Financial Management
- An understanding of Quality Assurance
- Understanding of Public Relations and Media Communications
- An Understanding of Fundraising & Sponsorship
- Understanding of Football Clubs Foundations
- You must be able to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Able to lead staff and manage and implement change
- Have the ability to be forward thinking and act strategically
- Ability to set and adhere to significant financial budgets
- Ability to prioritise workload, work meticulously with attention to detail
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working as a senior manager in a foundation or similar organisation
- You will hold a valid driving licence and have access to own transport
- Strive to achieve 'The Albion Foundation's Core Values'
- Be committed, hardworking with a flexible approach to working hours