I am currently recruiting a Buyer for the IT category of a successful organisation based in Coventry. Reporting to the Category Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for identifying effective procurement solutions across services areas of spend. This thriving business are growing; this role is available due to team expansion. There is a focus on the team culture in addition to the professional objective of providing high quality service - it is an excellent time to join the business.
Within this role, there is a split focus between processes and stakeholder management; the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of both.
As IT Buyer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the IT function for all of their procurement needs
- Delivering value for money - savings, cost avoidance, service improvements, quality uplift
- Ensuring compliance across all suppliers through detailed analysis, planning, negotiation and adherence
- Proactive management of all IT service contracts
- Ensuring competitive tendering for all IT categories
- Benchmarking and negotiating new and existing supplier to ensure optimum market prices are achieved
- Developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Providing accurate and timely reporting to senior management
- Supporting the wider Procurement department to help achieve the strategic development plan
To be successful in this role, you'll be degree educated with a strong background within IT services procurement. You'll be able to demonstration previous negotiation experience and successes and ideally have expansive professional services supplier knowledge and tendering experience. Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office is a necessity, but you will also need the ability to communicate with and influence stakeholders and suppliers.