Graduate Web Developer
Unitemps are looking for a talented aspiring Web Developer to work for a company who have an award winning executive recruitment site. You will be responsible for building and maintaining websites for their clients and the company itself.
You will be a good programmer with a wide variety of skills as you will be involved in the creation of websites from concept all the way to completion. As a part of their team, they will be looking to you for some fresh new ideas that allow the company to move forward into new avenues with their external development division Apps and Mobile, as well as helping them improve their existing portfolio of websites.
Their current websites are written in Coldfusion. If you know other web scripting languages this should be easy to pick up. They are also looking to move away from Coldfusion in the future so if you have a favourite language then they can consider that for future work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best development practices
- Create website functionality via server side scripting
- Incorporate database functionality via Microsoft SQL Server
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling websites
- Cooperate with the rest of the team to make sure everyone's work fits together
- Communicate with clients about the best way to improve their websites
Skills and experience
- Willing to communicate with the team and clients
- The ability to think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to produce clear and intuitive UI
- Good general programming knowledge
- Knowledge of at least one web scripting language
- Ability to pick up new programming languages and work practices
- Database Design and interrogating data using SQL
- Ability to find and fix bugs in a timely manner