Mechanical maintenance fitter/welder, Tenbury Wells
NOONAN is seeking to hire Mechanical maintenance fitter/welder. This is a position that will suit an organised and energetic individual who is highly motivated and safety conscious. Successful candidate will provide maintenance support to client sites’ plant and equipment and will be based in a food factory with sterile equipment where a high maintenance standard is a must.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Maintenance of dairy and food industry equipment; engines, motors, pumps, conveyor systems and production equipment.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance of plant equipment / machineries and facilities.
- Monitors / assist operators in plant equipment such as spray dryers, cereal dryer, pan coaters, homogenisers
- Troubleshoot and repairs all mechanical breakdown of equipment and machines, completion of reactive repairs ensuring minimal down time.
- Ability to prioritise reactive tasks in order of urgency and impact to business
- Proactive in familiarising themselves with new machinery/equipment that client may introduce to the building
- Completion of paperwork including work orders and service reports.
- Electrical understanding & experience
- Problem solving ensuring a solution for all required tasks in a timely manner
- Liaise with helpdesk, management and customers with updates on a regular basis
- Interacts with strategic vendors on specialised equipment for troubleshooting needs and repairs.
- Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work piece.
- Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding).
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes.
- Tack assemblies together.
- Fabricate new or replacement parts for dump trucks, trailers, and wheel wash unit.
- Positively and actively contribute to and participate in continuous improvement activities in the team
- Coded welder certification an advantage
- Working as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, O&M instructions, procedures manuals, engineering specifications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours if required
- Ability to complete paperwork and reports to high standards and maintain a high standard of closing work orders
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Experience in CMMS (ie: SAP) an advantageous
- High standard of housekeeping, material handling, & safety at all times
- Have knowledge of BMS systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment, frequently under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Understand and apply welding techniques
- Accept responsibility for the work performed