Veterinary Nurse (RVN) Veterinary Hospital - Staffordshire
Up to 24k including the overtime bonuses as the nursing team participate in a 1:10 rotation inclusive of nights, weekends and all areas of nursing.
Exciting opportunity to join a diverse and successful Veterinary practice with associated Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre in Staffordshire.
- To assist the veterinary surgeon in veterinary procedures including anaesthetics and surgical operations, as required, in the operating theatre.
- Administer treatments (e.g. injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressing, first aid, euthanasia/lethal room management) as directed by the veterinary and where permitted undertake minor surgical procedures.
- To care for, nurse and feed sick, injured and orphaned animals according to standard procedures as laid down by the Veterinary Surgeon and the rehabilitation centre with physiotherapists
- Undertake general cleaning duties throughout the clinical areas including equipment, animal quarters and premises - utilising specialised substances or equipment to a standard acceptable to the Veterinary as and when requested.
- Assist in the rehabilitation and convalescent of animals including hydro therapy
- Ensure that the medication prescribed by the Veterinary is correctly administered to the animals, to oversee the safe handling of drugs and maintain up to date and accurate clinical records of all animals, who receive veterinary care
- Our client will consider any level of experience as long as you are registered with RCVS as a RVN Veterinary nurse
Personal Specification for Veterinary Nurse/ Criteria Essential Desirable
- Current registration with RCVS
- Understanding of animal welfare issues
- Good communication skills written & oral
- Able to work well under pressure
- Confident & competent decision making skills
- Good standard of personal presentation
- Professional approach to veterinary nursing and clinical care.
- Self motivated to work independently without constant supervision.
- RVN qualified registered veterinary nurse
Commutable from Lichfield, Stafford, Staffordshire, Walsall, Walsall Wood, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Four Oaks, Mile Oak, Brocton, Cannock Wood, Hednesford, Weeford, Bassett's Pole, Erdington, Blackbrook, Staffordshire Technology Park