Express Recruitment are proud to be representing pioneering engineering firms in Derbyshire, East Midlands. Due to continued expansion and growing success our clients are currently seeking a host of highly skilled and certified Plater Welders. Due to the demanding nature of the roles, there may be some working away from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Fabricating and welding a range of steel fabrication, pipework, structural steel and framework
• Operating shop floor machinery from guillotines, punches, drills and saws
• Operating a press break
• Providing training and development to apprentices on site
• MIG, TIG and MMA welding with a range of materials from aluminium, mild and stainless steel
• Performing plated welding tasks
• Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
• Adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures
• Working with varying gauges, between 3 - 20mm
• Providing continuous support to the Team Leader
Qualifications and Experience needed:
• City and Guilds trained welding qualification or similar
• Previous MIG, TIG, MMA and plater welding
• Proven ability working with mild and stainless steel
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Good understanding of British company standards
• Ability to operate a wide range of workshop equipment
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now. If your skills aren’t quite right for this role, don’t worry! We have a whole host of other great vacancies at www.express-recruitment.co.uk and our talented team would love to hear from you.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency.