Care Assistant - HCA
We have several flexible vacancies available for experienced Healthcare Assistants (HCAs) to work full or part time hours in the Burton upon Trent area through our friendly Cannock branch.The Position:
We are seeking compassionate, caring individuals to play an essential role in supporting the well-being and quality of life of clients in the local area. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities.
You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, as well as caring for people who have nursing and/or dementia care needs.Newcross Perks:
- Salary of up to £11.96/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Local Branch:
Opened in 2014, our established Cannock branch provides nursing and care staff to a range of clients throughout Staffordshire, and is based at Commerce House, Ridings Park in Cannock.To apply for this role, you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.