Operations Logistics Manager - FTC
Operations Logistics Manager (Transition) - FTC
Reference Number: GB06724
Fixed term contract until 31st December 2018
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Team Leidos which includes Kuehne + Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner took over the MoD's Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MOD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne + Nagel Military & Government Business Unit was set up within the UK Contract Logistics Division.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Co- ordination and control of tactical plan execution activity via the transformation managers and core team
* Management of risks and mitigations to ensure successful Stock Transition plan delivery
* Monitoring execution against plan, developing remedial action plans as required and making key tactical decisions to maintain scope, time and cost
* Responsible for ensuring all vehicles are in place, loaded and depart with the correct stock in line with Stock Transition Plan timescales in order to maintain the Transition schedule
* Planning, reviewing and communicating Stock Transition requirements and changes across departments, so that plan schedule, KPI's and customer service levels are maintained
* Ensuring compliance of the Stock Transition activity to the Quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements
* Continuously seek to identify the cost-effectiveness and productivity of the Transition Plan and provide solutions to the transformation managers and core team.
* Operational decisions involving the deployment of employees and resources in consultation with Business Stream Managers with an impact on warehouse costs, employee relations and customer service
* Continually reviewing all aspects of the operational execution so that methods, procedures and efficiency can be improved
* Ensure Pharma stock that has specific Quality requirements is handled within the MHRA approval requirements
* Ensure Airworthiness parts which have specific Quality requirements are handled within the MAA approval requirements
* Ensure all Inbound and Outbound stock is received and issued in line with operational requirements by co-ordinating resources effectively and efficiently
* Manage relationships with other departments, to ensure efficient operations and communications are achieved
Your skills and experience
* Ideally candidate has operated within the Military/Defence and Commercial Sectors (not essential)
* Extensive management experience of operating within a commercial warehouse operation
* Experienced in operating within multi-site logistics operations
* A good level of IT literacy
* People management and line management experience
* Working knowledge of Health and Safety and Legal compliance
* Ability to present and communicate effectively
* Evidence of organisational and interpersonal skills
* Evidence of management, written and verbal communication and influencing skills
* Team working and customer focussed attitude
* Demonstrate financial acumen and commercial awareness
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks.