Retail Manager - Land Rover
Jardine Motors Group is one of the largest and most successful automotive retailers in the UK, working at the forefront of the industry and pushing the boundaries of what a modern retail experience delivers to both customers and employees. We are dedicated to delivering unparalleled customer service and exceptional opportunities for our colleagues.
Established more than four decades ago, Jardine Motors Group has grown from a family-run vehicle retailer to the representative of 24 manufacturers in over 75 locations. We combine the best of traditional family business values with the cutting edge retail experience that our customers desire.
Jardine Motors Group is part of the one of the world’s largest and most successful corporations in the world: Jardine Matheson. Since 1832, Jardines has prospered, developing multiple groups in a variety of business sectors, some of which include: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group; JLT, a leading London-listed provider of insurance; Hongkong Land, a listed property group with some 800,000 sq.m. of prime commercial property in Asia, and Dairy Farm, a retail group operating over 6,400 outlets. To find out more about Jardine Matheson, click here: www.jardines.com.
Overview of role
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to shine in a progressive business representing some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands?
With people at the core of our strategy we are discerning about whom we employ, we expect every colleague to have high levels of integrity, be passionate about their role and take ownership of their customers’ needs in line with our core values. We are looking for someone that has a desire to succeed, has outstanding communication and influencing skills and also possesses a proven track record of success.
Committed to growing our business, an opportunity has arisen for a commercially-astute, customer-Retail Manager to join our team.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification
- Responsible for ensuring our customers receive an exceptional level of customer service promoting loyalty, retention and satisfaction of the brand and dealership.
- Supporting the Sales Manager in controlling and monitoring the Sales Executive prospect system ensuring that all information is being entered, updated and used effectively in line with brand and JMG requirements.
- Supporting the Sales team via coaching and process management.
- Ensuring we are always treating the customer fairly; in accordance with all laws; regulatory principles and rules; and in line with group policies and guidelines.
- Achieving department profitability, finance and customer experience objectives.
- Ensuring there is a clear and effective presentation process for products and services appropriate to each individual customer’s circumstances and requirements.
- Ensuring sales activities are systematically managed, including direct negotiation with customers if required, to ensure that deals retain maximum profit and customer satisfaction is delivered to the highest possible standards.
- Responsible for providing business reports to management.
- In conjunction with Sales Management, provide appropriate levels of training, coaching and guidance to Sales Executives as required on all areas relating to the Sales Process, deal management and customer journey.
- Ensuring that within your area of operation all regulations and standards with regards to FCA are adhered to for both Finance & Insurance.
- Experience in successfully operating within automotive sales.
- Experience of working as part of a team with shared objectives and personal performance goals.
- Sales staff management experience.
- Able to interpret financial and other statistical information
- Experience of working with similar profile brands.