Assistant Branch Manager
Assistant Branch Manager - Jewson - Stafford
Backed by a well-respected organisation, working as an Assistant Branch Manager for one of the largest Building Merchants in the UK you’ll build strong relationships with staff and customers as you ensure sales and productivity targets are met and the highest standards of service are upheld.
Leading, training and developing your team while troubleshooting any problems that occur, you’ll be closely involved in everything from monitoring performance to co-coordinating promotional activity, analysing competitor activity and compiling reports for use in operational forecasting. That’s why you must be commercially minded with a good knowledge of warehouse, logistics, administrative, HR and health & safety procedures.
- You will enjoy achieving branch targets
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the wider branch network to establish Jewson as an effective and profitable provider of building materials to its target customers.
- Co-ordinate promotional activity and maintain the Showroom
- There will be a strong focus on Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and ensuring staff uphold our H&S principles
- You will also be able to interpret complex information and act decisively on it.
- You will keep up to date on your knowledge of products, technology and regulations
- Ensure that the branch continues to deliver a consistently great experience to customers to meet the requirements and standards of Jewson and the wider Saint Gobain brand.
Am I who you are looking for?
Experience within the trade would be an advantage, although we’ll offer full product training. So whether you come from a DIY, Plumbing, Timber or Insulation merchant or from outside of the industry, we know you’ll have a lot to offer and we’ll have a lot to offer you.
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Assistant Branch Manager it is important that you;
- Experience within the trade would be an advantage, although we’ll offer full product training. So whether you come from a DIY, Plumbing, Timber or Insulation merchant or from outside of the industry, we know you’ll have a lot to offer and we’ll have a lot to offer you.
- You will have a full, current and valid driver’s license owing to the occasional travel in the role.
- You will have a background in leadership and face to face sales where you have achieved over and above the targeted results.
- A superior focus on the customer is an inherent part of your character, you'll also have experience of meeting Training and Competence requirements and be fully accustomed to using office and sales support systems.
- But most of all, you will share our 100% dedication to delivering excellent customer care.
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Jewson are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Jewson or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK.
Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 days with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us by emailing
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.