Sea Freight Export Operator
My client who is based in Birmingham are now looking for an experienced Sea Freight Export Operator. They offer a one stop solution to meet all transport and shipping requirements. Including air freight shipping and sea freight shipping. A family run business that offers a great working environment with professionalism and fun at the heart of what they do. This position offers excellent career prospects for the right person.
Vacancy - Deep Sea Export Operator
Salary Range: £21-27k
The successful applicant must have experience in this sector.
- Receive, process and manage incoming customer quotes and bookings in agreed time-scales
- To manage the process to company standards and guidelines
- Supplier and customer rate negotiation to approved levels of authority
- Liaise with suppliers to fulfil customer bookings
- Provide costing quotes
- Quality of data input into fast freight system
- Problem resolution
- Booking confirmation
- Job tracking and customer communication throughout
- Closing the job when completed to customer satisfaction
- Quote chasing and conversion on 'live' jobs
- Identifying and pursuing new selling/sales opportunities
- Proactive risk assessment of each customer job the operator is responsible for
- Accountable for ensuring highest levels of data quality input into fast freight in the time-scales required
- Must have previous experience in this sector
- Have a structured approach to their work
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Work on their own initiative
- Be able to interpret and execute agreed company policies
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent team player
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills to excel in this role then please send us your CV today.
If you have not received a reply within 28 days of your application, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.