A great opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Technician to join a leading national utilities company based in Derby, to cover a 12 month Secondment. You will be joining an experienced and friendly team committed to providing the safest and most reliable power delivery possible. As a Technician you will gain ongoing training to attain industry recognised qualifications, full PPE, a company vehicle to carry out work and free parking at all sites.
The electricity network covers some of the most beautiful and diverse terrain in the UK, both rural and urban.
As a Technician you will be accountable to the Team Manager for the Construction, Maintenance, Repair and Faults on the overhead and underground network and up to and including 66kV. In addition you will be responsible for the programming and monitoring of immediate work colleagues, switching up to 66kV.
As an Electrical Technician your responsibilities will include;
- The maintenance, construction, reinforcement, alteration and replacement of assets.
- The issue of safety documents up to 66kV and permits to work
- Work programming/coordinating outages and writing switching schedules
- The ideal candidate will be a HV SAP i.e. have Senior Authorised status, or at least be HV Appointed Person
- HV experience in an industrial or outdoor environment e.g. plant / cabling / OHL
- Experience of working on substations, live lines and switching at 11kV or higher preferable
- Familiarity with HV safety procedure and knowledge of documentation (Limitation of Access / Permit to Work)
- Identification, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of LV and HV cables
In return for being an Electrical Technician you will received on-going training and support, a competitive starting salary with annual increases, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and free parking at all sites/depots.