Mobile Plant Fitter
Mobile Plant Fitter
This is a rare opportunity to join a manufacturer of Construction Machinery.
The Mobile Plant Fitter will be covering the West Midlands, however the ideal candidate would be based in the South Birmingham area e.g. Worcester, Coventry, Solihull, Warwick.
Key Responsibilities of the Mobile Plant Fitter:
· To competently carry out onsite maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair of Construction Equipment e.g Excavators, Loaders etc. in compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
· To enhance Customer Satisfaction through the delivery of high quality of service.
· To actively develop additional external business wherever possible.
· To carry out appraisals of Used Equipment as requested by the Used Equipment Department.
· To inform your Supervisor of your whereabouts, job status and any relevant issues on a daily basis.
· To ensure that the customer is informed of the machine/repair status for all jobs.
· To complete and submit, via PDA, all labour, travel, mileage, job and machine details in a timely and accurate manner, complemented by a customer signature and order number where possible.
· To keep your service vehicle in a clean and professional condition.
· To order spare parts for your work as necessary.
· To return spare parts in clean condition and in a timely manner to aid the efficient invoicing of workshop jobs.
· To honour reasonable call out requests when required.
· To carry out any other duties as required by the Service Supervisor or Depot Manager.
· Must hold a full driving license and a good driving record.
· Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant, including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electronics.
· A formal engineering qualification in plant or HGV mechanics.
· The ability to work unsupervised both on customer sites and in the depot.
· Good diagnostic skills.
· The ability to work as part of a team and communicate at all levels.
· Be decisive and responsible, reliable, honest, trustworthy and a good timekeeper.
On offer is a very competitive salary package plus the following benefits:
Pension Scheme, Life Insurance, Value Added bonus scheme, Profit Share scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Discounted car purchase scheme, Tool insurance cover up to £12,000, Full product training, Long service awards, plus many more...
Key words: Plant Fitter, Service engineer, Mobile engineer, Plant Hire, Construction machinery, Plant Machinery, Earth Moving, HGV,