Warehouse Quality Control Inspector
Warehouse Quality Control Inspector
We are seeking an experienced Warehouse Inspector / Distribution Centre Quality Control to join the aftermarket parts and accessories distribution operation of a leading vehicle manufacturer. This is a newly created role, working closely with the technical and quality team and also 3PL to carry out checks on goods outwards to reduce claims.
This is an initial 6-month fixed term contract with potential for a permanent role.
Office based - Midlands –Tamworth, Nuneaton, Hinckley, Leicester, Lichfield, Burton on Trent, Loughborough, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, West Bromwich, Birmingham, Coventry
£Competitive Salary + Pension + Life Assurance + Health insurance + Lunch Allowance
Reporting to the Technical and Quality Manager the Warehouse Inspector will reduce claim rates and improve control over the distribution operation, suggesting and implementing initiatives to improve efficiency and the customer experience.
- This position would also suit a warehouse supervisor / team leader who is looking to make the step into a warehouse inspector role.
- Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of working within a busy, goods outwardswarehouse / logistics
- Experience of working closely with 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) providers and transportation partners is advantageous.
- We would particularly like to hear from candidates with an automotive parts and components background, in particular with a technical appreciation for parts.
- A strong communicator with the ability to influence is a must for this role.
- The ability to initiate and implement cost saving and efficiency ideas.
- Strong IT skills in particular Microsoft Office, capable of producing reports.
- Carry out quality inspections of parts, identifying errors and defects.
- Undertake packaging standards audits of roll cages, tote boxes and distributor containments ensuring they are securely sealed.
- Update the packaging standards board and provide guidance for implementation.
- Consignment quality checks.
- Identify trend picking errors, ensuring that memos and visual aids are supplied.
- Check locations to ensure that parts are stored correctly, making sure cartons are in good condition and stored safely.
- Feedback to suppliers on poor packaging provided by suppliers.
- Check the condition of roll cages and tote boxes.
- Inspect the quality of trailer loading by transport companies.
- Produce reports advising when inspections have been completed and any errors found.
- You will be required to work 2pm – 10pm Monday to Friday
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Distribution Centre Supervisor / Team Leader / Inspector / Auditor to join a leading automotive manufacturing group and become part of a highly successful and motivated team on a fixed term contract with the possibility of a permanent position.
If you are interested in the role of Warehouse Quality Inspector, please email your current CV to Kayleigh Bradley of Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.