Traffic Planner Required
- Is directly responsible to and reports the Director at all times.
- Has designated authority to manage the allocation of work to other Traffic Planners, Administration Assistants within the Traffic department & Drivers.
- Must liaise and consult with management, Customers, suppliers, contractors, health & safety advisor, third parties and other personnel as is necessary to maintain good communication both internally and externally.
To ensure all activities and delegated tasks are conducted cost effectively and efficiently, whilst remaining compliant with the Company’s Operators Licence at all time.
To organise, allocate work and manage the co-ordination of all or part of the Customer’s supply chain process, including distribution, logistics of the Drivers and routes.
To provide excellent customer service and ensure a customer focussed approach to planning and meeting the customer’s requirements.
- To support and advise drivers whilst en route and devise optimal routing of vehicles.
- To ensure the Traffic department is effective and undertakes the routing and administration effectively.
- Meet weekly or monthly KPI’s set for the department.
- Maintain and update Transport Administration System
- To deal with all customer or Driver complaints
Schedules and Variations and Pricing
To ensure customer requirements are fulfilled to the highest possible standards.
Respond quickly and efficiently to customer enquiries.
The Traffic Planner is required to ensure optimal routing of vehicles and the department to meet customer specification and Company Targets.
Routing and planning for various contracts and areas of the business such as Rigids, Artics, Pallet Networks.
Liaise with Sub-contractors where required, obtain quotations and undertake negotiations where appropriate.
Provide quotations and negotiate prices directly with customers using agreed tariff rates.
Ensure the profitability and utilisation of all vehicles is optimised.
Accurate and detailed information is gathered for all projects and communicated promptly to the Directors or Customers.
To answer the telephone, qualifying enquiries and assisting where possible or transferring to the relevant persons.
All phone messages taken should be recorded and passed to the relevant member of staff as promptly as possible.
You must be polite and courteous to customers at all times.
You are expected to respond promptly to calls from Driver’s ensuring you have listened fully to their query or problem and ensure all responses are appropriate and professional.
All customer complaints passed to you are expected to be resolved taking instruction from the Directorate/Senior Traffic Planners as appropriate.
Any defect to a vehicle or equipment reported to you is your responsibility to ensure is repaired and/or made unavailable until rectified. Through communication with the workshop and garage ensure all scheduled maintenance is undertaken and factored into schedules and replacement vehicles available.
You should ensure that within the department the Drivers return all defect reports, timesheets, delivery notes and tachographs and ensuring the administration staff are in receipt of the relevant documentation.
The Traffic Planner should be fully conversant in the Company procedure for accidents and breakdowns.
call Abbie today or please send your cv to be considered