Reference Number: GB06673
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that products are processed and handled correctly throughout the warehouse using MHE, manual handling and the computer system to achieve customer requirements efficiently, accurately and safely.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Prompt attendance in the workplace
* Complete the daily MHE safety checks (where applicable)
* Carry out assigned tasks including: picking, packing, goods receipt, checking, loading & unloading of vehicles, hygiene and the processing of returns
* Carry out assigned administrative tasks including: allocation of orders and the booking in and out of stock
* Operate Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and carry out other assigned Computer based tasks as required
* Actively contribute towards continuous improvement projects and ideas
* Any other duties assigned
Your skills and experience
* Experience of working to agreed targets
* PC literate
* MHE licence (where applicable)
* Understanding of warehouse practises e.g. picking, loading
* Ability to work individually or as part of a team
* Reliable and committed to attending work on time
* Good Communication skills
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.